Course Organizer's Privacy Notice
1. INTRODUCTION & CONTACT
Our contact details are:
Name: Effie Paggeiou Contact email: email@example.com
2. TYPE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We currently collect and process the following information (most of which is provided directly by you):
• Contact details (for example, name and email address);
• Demographic information (for example, age and/or other information that may identify you as an individual);
• Correspondence with you (for example, we may keep a record of any correspondence with you in relation to the query);
• Photographs (for example, at our in-person courses we may take photographs);
• Your marketing preferences (such as whether you wish to hear from us specifically in relation to future events/ courses);
3. PURPOSES FOR COLLECTING & PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
• provide you with information and support about the Advanced Course you have applied to attend;
• assess your application to attend an Advanced Course;
• administer your participation in the Advanced Course, including processing your registration fee, handling submitted materials such as abstracts, and managing dietary requests;
• comply with applicable laws and regulations;
• if you are photographed as part of any onsite or virtual events, your image or likeness may be used in promotional material;
We may share this information with:
• The Federation of European Biochemical Societies (FEBS) as part of our reporting and funding obligations or for use by FEBS in reporting or promotion of its Advanced Courses program;
• The Sponsors of the Workshop stated here;
• Meetis Scientific Conferences
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
• Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us at the details provided above.
• We have a contractual obligation.
• We have a legal obligation.
• We have a legitimate interest or where a third party has legitimate interests.
Where we use your information for our legitimate interests, or the legitimate interests of a third party, we make sure that we take into account any potential impact that such use may have on you and will not rely on this lawful basis where it is not proportionate to do so. If you have any concerns about our processing please refer to details of “Your Data Protection Rights” below.
4. HOW WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are established in the United Kingdom, outside of the EEA. If we transfer your information outside of the EEA, including where we rely on service providers who store information outside of the EEA, we will take steps which are reasonably necessary to ensure that adequate safeguards are in place to protect your personal information and to make sure it is treated securely. In these cases, unless a particular exception applies (such as where we are receiving applicant data from FEBS for the purpose of administering a course taking place outside of the EEA), we rely on approved data transfer mechanisms (such as the EU “Standard Contractual Clauses”) to ensure your information is subject to adequate safeguards in the recipient country.
We take steps to ensure that the personal information that you provide is retained for only as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. After this period it will be deleted or in some cases anonymised.
5. YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
• Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
• Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
• Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
• Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
• Your right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
• Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
• You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at the contact details above if you wish to make a request.
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, please let us know by using the contact details above.
We hope to be able to resolve any complaints with you directly. However, if you are not happy with the steps we have taken, you can also complain to the relevant supervisory authority being: The Information Commissioner's Office.
Date updated: 10/01/2023